Friday, June 03, 2005

New Beginnings

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Kajsa Wilkins. (Ki-sah is how it is pronounced) I have an amazingly good-looking and talented husband named Bray Wilkins. We are expecting another handsome family member to arrive any day now...and yes, it is a boy.:) I titled this blog 'new beginnings,' because that is where we are currently at.
It seems strange to think that I am never truly 'going back home.' As of May 25, 2005, I left my home of Moscow, Idaho, and am now living in Santa Barbara, California. Talk about an adjustment! Bray is a budding opera star, and was accepted at the Music Academy of the West, here in S.B.. Thus, we ventured out to start his career, while at the same time getting ready to start our family! I still don't think that the reality of beginning a new life with my new family has really sunk in yet. I remember hearing my dad speak of how he felt when he visited home for the first time after joining the navy....he said that even though he was home, it no longer felt like his home. I feel I can relate to that. I still think I can just drive over to my parents' house, stop by Logos, or go down to Bucer's anytime I want.
This isn't to say that we aren't excited about our new life. It's merely a new step in life, one that was bigger than all the rest we've taken so far. It was surreal to watch my parents drive away and truly 'leave' us. However, I know that God is in control of the future, and I look forward to the upcoming visits( which will happen as soon as Mr. Jackson Hobbes arrives) from family members.
Let me describe what the beautiful Santa Barbara is like, now. Although a city, it is probably the most beautiful city I have ever been in. We have a tiny little apartment near the main downtown street, which has every shop I could ever think of, times 10. There are palm trees and tropical flowers everywhere, and we are literally a five minute drive from the ocean. It is quite exciting to be able to walk to all the stores I've previously had to drive hours to, even if I am just window-shopping.:)
We have joined Grace Reformed Church, pastored by David Deutsch, located about 45 minutes away. Although a small church, they are wonderful people, and have already taken us under their wings. I am soo thankful God directed us to them, I feel quite at home.
I shall be posting pictures and more info soon, but for now, let me say that we miss you all terribly, and pray for you daily, as we hope you will do for us. Feel free to contact us anytime and keep us updated on the Moscow news! God bless, the Wilkins
Our new address is:
227 E. Haley St, #4, Santa Barbara, CA, 93101
Phone #'s are: 208-596-2004, or 208-596-2003

No comments: