Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Hobbes makes soup

Because it has been POURING rain here the past few days, I have been racking my brain to find activities for Hobbes. He usually spends a great deal of time outside, expending boy energy, and as he cannot do that (although Grandma says rain boots are in order, which will mean puddle-splashing) he has extra energy and time for me to keep him busy. He has a fairly good attention span, but he does not seem particularly interested in coloring. He likes to look at books, play with cars, play with the fishing game,etc, but today we decided to try cooking with Mom. Here are the results:As soon as I put him up on the chair, he grabbed a spice and began 'seasoning...'
Needs more variety of spices...
Stirring after dumping in the water and the split peas...he loved it!! He helped me make the soup and the french bread- he didn't want to get down the entire time! I guess we'll have to do this again!

No comments: