Thursday, March 20, 2008

Hobbes and Rain Boots

Several months ago, I bought Hobbes some 'classic,' boy rain boots. Unfortunately, he has this weird aversion to new shoes. He freaks out when we try to put on the new ones, and begs to wear his old, dirty, tennis shoes. Neither Bray nor I have ever had a problem wearing new things, so who knows where he gets it! :) Anyhow, after several battles with the boots, I decided to put them away for awhile (snow had come anyway) and get them out later. On Monday, it was pouring rain, so I decided to try once again. I pulled them out of his closet, and lo and behold, he started to fuss. I told him to stop, and listen to me. I explained that the boots would enable him to splash in puddles and water to his heart's content, and that they were meant to get 'wet.' He looked at them, and then at me, and started to pull them on of his own accord, without even putting his socks on first! What a funny boy!







No comments: