Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Bray's Photo Shoot with Mr. Lamoreaux

It seems like it's been awhile since I've updated everyone on Bray's 'career happenin's.' It's truly hard to keep all of his 'gigs' straight, and once we've finished one, it's easy to be done with it, and move on to the next. Thus I apologize for my lack of communication-exciting things have been happening, and we know you all (sorry, yall-gotta keep the Southern lingo going) have supported us throughout, and want to keep up with what is going on.
In order to prevent myself from writing a 10-page post, I shall list the things that have happened recently, and upcoming events, and try to keep it as clear as possible (if you aren't in this business, it's often hard to understand the 'game' it really is).

Beginning of March: asked to be in the Seattle Opera Young Artist's Program- of course, yes!
March 14: Winners of the Coeur d'Alene Symphony concert;it was fun to hear Bray with a full orchestra behind him...a first for me!
April 11&12: Lotte Lenya Competition in Rochester, NY-Bray takes 3rd place! WOOHOO!
April 26: Gala in Coeur d'Alene-Sang for Fundraiser with some wonderful singers; Carolyn and I managed to sneak in and listen!:)
May 9: Concert/fundraiser performance with Warren Jones, Eugene Chan and Christopher Herbert (Martha Stewart's nephew!) in Santa Barbara
June 21: Gala in Seattle for a Metropolitan Opera National Council fundraiser!
June 22: Music Academy of the West in Santa Barbara begins! (fun vacation time for me and the kids...we'll be right by the beach!)
It's funny, but I think Bray and I are starting to feel like we're moving into the grown-up/professional world. For some people, it's buying their first house, or their first car, but for us, it means buying Bray his first 'brand-new' tux, getting new professional headshots done, and hopefully, setting up a website soon.
God has truly blessed us this year, and opened important doors-although it is still a bit scary, as it's truly moving into the unknown, I feel like it's the right step, and trust that God will bless us through it.
So, today Bray had headshots with the wonderful, funny Mr. LaMoreaux- and these are just a few of my favorites-isn't he good-looking? ( I get to say that.)
Miss you all, and we thank you for your support and prayers!

I thought Wendy would love this one...it's the 'pure-joy-Bray-smile.'
Love this one...

My absolute favorite-and probably the one we'll use the most.

No comments: