Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Last Days in Moscow-Pt. 2

Reading with Great Grandma Garfield...

Found in Funny Places...

This past Sunday morning, I felt like I was in one of those dreams where you want to get across the room, and you can't move an inch! For some reason, everything was moving in slow motion before church, but then all of a sudden I heard screaming! Hobbes had been with me, so we both ran out to the family room, only to find Madeline, stuffed into her push-toy...Hobbes decided to be a kind brother, and give her a ride-which of course, helped her aggravation at being stuck! I had to laugh-life throws you curves, and the chaotic moments can oftentimes be the most hilarious!

Trying to calm her down-he gave her her pacifier and a kiss-so sweet! (at times:)
The other evening, Hobbes decided to play a game with Kathryn by climbing up on our exercise ball, and jumping into her lap-Bray and I were surprised, we didn't know Hobbes had such good balance-or that Kathryn's lap could take that much abuse!
A Boy's Best Friend-
As much as I don't want a pet right now, I must admit to some sadness at leaving Maggie, Carolyn's dog. Hobbes truly adores her..and they have been playmates every day for nearly a month! The first thing he does in the morning is go out and greet her in his high, bright voice. He loves giving her commands, and playing 'keep-away' with her ball...I know he'll be sad to leave her-but maybe someday we can get a dog of our own-when Hobbes can do all the upkeep!:)
Looking through the screen.
Playing on the bench...
Hobbes decided to be Ampa one morning, and put on his Michigan cap (sorry Steve!), and go outside to mow the lawn-all before even getting dressed in the morning! Wow, Ampa is efficient!

Ampa and Madeline-
The past week or so, my Dad has truly been Madeline's favorite person-even over me! She has chosen him over all of us, whether for reading books, being held, fed or just played with! It's pretty cute...course she knows she can get anything from him, so maybe that's the reason why!:)
Here's a few pics of them just goofing off. Two peas in a pod, you might say!



No comments: