Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day!!

For those of you I couldn't give cookies to (i.e. most of all my friends and fam!) here they are-virtually!:)
Happy After-Valentine's Day, everyone! I was planning on posting last night, but after the day ended, Hobbes came down with the stomach flu!:( Despite that, though, we had a wonderful day, and I must say-for me, it was the best one yet!
We began the day with heart-shaped pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream (my favorite!) and then each kiddo had a present to open. Hobbes got a bubble blower gun, and Madeline got a really cute little stuffed horse. They both wanted to test out the bubble blower, so Bray shot bubbles at them in the tub (see below). The weather was absolutely gorgeous, so after Bray got back from rehearsals, we all went for a walk by the lake. Bray had left me a note saying that he wanted to make me a late dinner after the kiddos were in bed, so I got the royal treatment! His menu: filet mignon with a peppercorn sauce, golden mashed potatoes and fresh asparagus that he blanched (I don't think I have even blanched anything before!) and then sauteed with a sauce of balsamic vinegar, fresh garlic and grated parmesan! It was seriously the best steak I have ever had, and I was very impressed-what a great husband I have!
So, miss and love to yall, and hope your day was as great as ours!Sleepy heads eating their valentines breakfast.
Opening their presents!Bubble bath time!Cheese-face of the year award still goes to Madeline!
My wonderful valentine!
I love love love living here!
Kiddos, calling to the ducks!
Beautiful sunset on the lake.
My little dude, taking a break.
My other valentine present Bray surprised me with: my real rings need fixing (gold added, prongs, etc) so until the economy gets better or we finish young artist programs, we are using temporary rings. This one is much nicer than the one I got at Claire's several months ago-and I love it! This way, I get to try several styles of rings, so now I know what I really want when we get the real one fixed/upgraded!
My amazing valentines dinner, courtesy of Chef Bray.
And if it wasn't already perfect enough, he even brought me home white tulips (tulips are my absolute favorite flower!) so cheers to Bray-you made this one of my favorite days ever!

No comments: