Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Great Grandma:)

Grandma Garfield with baby Elliott.


As I was posting these pictures of my Grandma Garfield and 3 of her (almost!) 5 great grandchildren, I was thinking about how often we went to visit growing up-and how close we were to all of our cousins. We lived about 6 hours away, and made the trek at least 3 times a year. I have 8 cousins on my Dad's side, 6 of whom lived in Oregon. We all would meet at some holiday during the year, at Grandma and Grandpa's house, and we had fantastic times! I have wonderful memories of my times there-one of my favorites is the week Seth, Kathryn and I spent with my cousins Attie and Peter at my grandparents' house-minus parents! I am sure it was exhausting for my grandparents, but they always showed us a wonderful time. They took us around the city, to the zoo and museums, but what I enjoyed most of all was spending time, playing games with all the cousins, and eating one of Grandma's huge meals together at the table.

It is a huge blessing to live near family-and I am sad we are not closer to all our family, but it was such a treat to have one of Grandma's delicious dinners this weekend, and to eat it with at least part of the family! I am truly thankful for the godly family God has given both Bray and I-what a wonderful thing to pass onto our kids! I just hope we get to spend as much time with family as I did growing up!

Shelby was extremely trusting and let my little monkeys hold Elliott for a picture-they loved it!
Their favorite thing was his nose.:)

Grandma Garfield with 3 of her great-grandkids!
I love this one.

1 comment:

Kathryn Church said...

Yay!! Soo cute - we'll have to come down next time and bring Asa too!