Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What we do.

I know I have put tons of pictures of the lake on the blog-but somehow, I never tire of taking pictures of water. Whether it be lakes, rivers, or especially the ocean, we love the water! I think both Bray and I are decided that, if possible, we will definitely live near a large body of water. The kiddos and I manage to go walk to the park by the lake nearly every day. On the really rainy days, I just look at the rain falling on the water through my bedroom window. As the kids get bigger, and a little more independent (they think a LOT independent!) we are doing more things we were not able to do even 6 months ago. When we go downtown, if we aren't going to be there for hours on end, we each just hold a hand of a kiddo-we don't always have to lug out the double stroller! Or, when we go to the lake, we can go down to the water and let them throw rocks and sticks in on their own. We still have to hold them back, and watch them closely, but they are becoming big kids! These pictures are from a cold, cloudy afternoon a few weeks ago, when we went to throw rocks in the lake. Bray, playing baseball with a rock and a stick-went pretty far, too!
Happy girl!
Madeline's interesting follow-through.
She hates the cold, but somehow did not mind picking the rocks out of the freezing water!
Enjoying the freedom of the beach, and feeling like a 'man' with his stick/sword.
Chasing the birds-his Daddy taught him this!

No comments: