Monday, October 19, 2009

Homemade Doughnuts!

Yup-it's that time of year again. The leaves have changed color and are falling off the trees, people are wearing sweaters and carrying umbrellas, I am now another year older, and our apartment smells of baked goods. Last night, I made my mom's buttermilk doughnut recipe-and they are definitely the best I've made yet! It is an art I probably won't perfect till I'm a grandmother, but still, I enjoy the challenge! And, it makes it feel like fall has really arrived, and Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Bray was helping me roll the doughnuts in sugar (as the kids would've just licked it off their fingers) and he said, "I love this. It makes it feel like this is something we do. It makes it feel like our tradition, our home." Not that he was meaning it doesn't at other times, but when you don't know where you'll be living from year to year, it's nice to at least create the feeling of home. :)

Can you tell who else loves doughnuts?

2 comments:

Kathryn Church said...

there wouldn't be any for a picture if Mike had helped you roll the donuts in sugar....

~HeLeN~ said...

Can you email me the recipe for the DOUGHNUTS!!!!