Saturday, February 06, 2010

Friends, frills and fun.

My girl is no longer a baby. Not even a little bit. She has always been more 'mature' for her age, and even at 16 months, felt more like a 2 year old to me. Now, she's nearly 3 and she already seems much like a preschooler. A few weeks ago, she got invited to her first 'big-girl' birthday party, and they even got to dress up as princesses! Madeline wanted to be a ballerina, and she had to wear the gloves, boa, tutu and 6 necklaces. Although she and Hobbes play together very well, the games they create are very different from the ones she plays with other little girls. Last night, we babysat our friends' daughter, Mackenzie, and they immediately got all decked out in princess costumes, purses and crowns. I took them to my work for some 'ice cream' (frozen yogurt) and they sat and chattered while I ordered. It is so fun to see her growing up!
At Lily's birthday party.
Showing me their puppies.
Girls and crowns.
SO excited to have a friend over!

1 comment:

olivia said...

So adorable! Those costumes have got some serious miles on them!