Friday, March 04, 2011

glimmers of hope.


Bray has now been in Birmingham rehearsing for a week. With the constant and amazing help of my mother-in-law, Wendy Wilkins, we have more than survived the craze of no Daddy, 2 jobs and everyday life. Today I worked a full day teaching music at the Episcopal School, and was somewhat worn out when I got home. The kiddos were playing in their room, and when I went to go check on them, discovered Hobbes had 'just' begun building a road on their *cream* carpet out of hot pink Playdoh. Thankfully, we salvaged the carpet and reviewed the 'no Playdoh anywhere but the table' rule and went on with the day. I cleaned up the rest of the house while I listened to happy, but probably major-mess-goings-on sounds in their room. When I went to go check on them again, I walked into a spotless room. I mean, beds straightened, animals in their places, all toys put properly in their places, not just stuffed, room. I was literally speechless. We make them pick up all their messes, and they do a good job (with encouragement, most of the time!) but this is the first time it looks like Bray and I picked up the room when they did it all by themselves! As a parent, it's these little moments that assure us we're doing something right-and have amazing children!!!

No comments: