Monday, December 05, 2011

and as far as the talent goes...

Isn't he handsome? I must admit, I am always a bit in awe of just how good-looking this man is. And he's my husband. And a singer. AND a good one at that. Alright, I will stop. But, let me just say, I am incredibly proud of Bray. We do have some big news as far as his career goes, and I am sorry I have not let you all in on it sooner. As you may or may not know, Bray quit his Grainger job this past summer to teach voice and audition/compete around the country to further his career/get more operatic work. This has been extremely difficult-trying to juggle travel, my 2 jobs, kiddos, school, teaching, and all the other crazy things in life. Bray has been so patient and hard-working and has been traveling quite a bit! So far he's made it into every competition/audition we've applied for-always a good sign! This past month, we sent in an application to HGOco-a branch of Houston Grand Opera that performs chamber operas and new works to premiere and perform around the Houston area-and this was for a new work called "The Bricklayer." They called and told him he had an audition 3 days later, so off he went, and according to them, was immediately ranked at the top of their list for the lyric tenor lead. They emailed him the following week, and offered him the role, so he shall be in Houston the month of March, and will be the lyric tenor lead! I am so excited for this opportunity-and am praying it will open many doors. The road to operatic success is experience on the resume. This next week he is singing all the tenor solos in the Messiah about a half hour from here, and tomorrow he heads to Fort Worth, TX for an audition with their company. So, he is a busy, talented, devoted husband and father, and we are so grateful for him!!

1 comment: