Saturday, September 03, 2005

The chaos in the south...


Although Monroe was not directly hit by Hurricane Katrina, the aftermath is effecting the whole of the southern states. Every time I watch the news I feel like I'm looking at some other country-as this has never happened in ours. Bethany told me yesterday that people are purposely creating fender-benders and then when the other person gets out of their car, they take the keys and steal the car! And that IS happening here in Monroe.
I have not seen any violence or anything, but the power is still off and on in Port Gibson, and thus we have not moved in yet. We should head over there the first of this coming week, but we are waiting to make sure things are alright as we do not want to be stuck without power. Bray's grandparents are still here from Mobile, AL as both freeways through Mississippi down are closed. They are glad to spend time with the 3 great-grandchildren, but like everyone else, are anxious to get home. I trust you all (sorry, not completely southern yet:)) have a good Lord's Day..and continue to pray for the hurricane victims. God bless, Kajsa

3 comments:

LOLJR said...

Hey, Kajsa, you found Lily's blog. Isaac set it up and put that *lovely* picture up. When we get home we'll put up some cute ones...I hope everything continues to be okay for you all as the hurricane devastion continues. bye for now! -Olivia

Nick and Marissalas said...

So glad you figured out how to post photos! (We were having withdrawal symptoms.) ;) Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, though - you're just too quick for me, aren'tcha? Say hello to the fam and everyone for us. We miss you!!! (Lots!) Wishing you electricity . . . ;)

Katie said...

Hob,

I was stealing cars at two and a half months. Don't be limited by your age. In order to post a comment without emailing, just look at the bottom of the post, click "comments", click what identity you want, write your comment, and click "publish". Just like me:)