Thursday, September 01, 2005

Southern bound...

Well, hello to all...
It has been an insanely long time since I last updated our blog, but I do have a reason for doing so. After the babe was born, time seemed to fly by in California. Jill Fagan came down to visit for a week, when Hobbes was about 1 week old. We had a blast touring the beautiful California coast, and listening to the melodious sounds of Bray. Shortly after that, it was time for me to pack up our teensy apartment (if you would call it that:)) and say goodbye to Bray for 2+ weeks.
Although the Academy was only a summer program, it did not end until the middle of August, and I was scheduled to be at a Garfield Family Reunion on July 30 in San Francisco. Thus we had a rather sad goodbye at the airport, and I went off, toting Hobbes with me, to tour Napa valley wine country, hear bagpipers, shop, and of course see relatives. Being that this was also the first time my parents and siblings saw Hobbes, it was well worth it. After that, I drove back with my fam to Moscow to surprise Bray's parents, who were up for the Trinity Festival. It has been a CRAZY summer! Bray then met us in Moscow, and we turned around and flew to Louisiana for an interview for a job in Mississippi.
OK- Now for present day news...for the next year or so, we shall be teaching at a Christian military boarding school for boys called Chamberlain-Hunt Academy. Yes, this sounds like a weird combination, but it is a very old school, started in 1879, that is becoming classical. They have completely revamped everything, and now have some wonderful, godly men at their head. We will be starting a music program for them. It is a beautiful old campus, lots of brick buildings, in a quaint little town. The south is beautiful!:) We are about 20 minutes from Vicksburg, MS which is a big town with lots of shopping, etc for those of you who were wondering...we are only a little less than 2 hours from Bray's parents, so it will be really fun to see our family, and watch the cousins play together. I already have pics of the 3, and when I learn how to post pics( I know, me and my technologically challenged mind) y'all can see them.
We will also probably be involved in the local community theatre, which I am really looking forward to. Bray will be auditioning for the San Francisco apprenticeship program, which would be in the summer, and is a paid-performance type of thing. I think that is the most up to date news on us, oh, except to add that we bought a car! It is a 2002 Honda Civic, silver, and a standard...it was a bit amusing at the car dealership, as I had to drive it with the salesman, and it had been several years since I last drove a stick! After choking it right away, I got back into the swing of things, and it was all smooth sailing from there.
Do pray for the hurricane victims, it has truly impacted the whole of the south. We are almost out of gas in Monroe, due to all the extra people and refugees who have come up north to stay. Bray's grandparents are up here, as their home is where the hurricane hit as well.
We miss y'all, and are praying for you, as we trust you do the same for us. I shall try to be better about more constant updates! -Kajsa

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hey Hob,

Yeah I'm online now. I post pictures so that people can keep up to date on me- what I look like, what I'm eating- the usual stuff. It'd be sweet to see some pics of you, but oh yeah, you're mom doesn't know how to post. Tell her to click on the very tiny picture icon on her tool bar when she is posting to the site. It'll let her browse her computer for the picture and she can choose whatever size and format, etc. It's all pretty sweet.

jon said...

I knew a couple guys who went to Chamberlain-Hunt; Bray knew them, too, but I wonder if he knew they went to CHA? I've never been there, but I've visited French Camp Academy, which now runs CHA.

Here are the websites for both schools:

http://frenchcamp.org
http://chamberlain-hunt.com