Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Life on the Mississippi




Hello everyone!

I trust this finds you all well and enjoying spring....for the most part, we have been doing just that, with a few hindrances on the side. As I mentioned in my previous post, my parents came and went, and had a lovely time. Since they left, life has become even more insane, if that is possible. Bray has been working tons, plus preparing for the upcomin NY competition- and Hobbes has been keeping both of us hopping.

We had our first serious scare yesterday- Hobbes had fallen asleep on our bed, and Bray had put pillows on both sides of him. He is currently not officially crawling yet, but somehow, in the few minutes we were in the living room doing something, he scooched and rolled off our bed (2-3 ft)onto the hardwood floor. Needless to say, we were very worried, but he wasnt bleeding or anything, so Bray went to work, and Hobbes kept crying. I got out my parenting book, and was reading about head injuries, and for what had happened, they recommended immediately going to the hospital. Well, I was about to call Bray, when Hobbes started throwing up profusely, which sent me into a near panic....I called Bray, and we drove 45 min to the hospital. There, we went to the emergency room, had to wait 45min plus, but by this time Hobbes seemed to be returning to normal. In the car, he had kept getting sick, and I had kept him awake the whole time. Finally, 4 hours and one CT scan later, we were given the clear, and Hobbes is fine and dandy. God is merciful!

So, besides the norm of business and day to day routines, music stuff, hospitals, etc, we are doing well, and are very thankful at the graciousness of God! Love to you all!

PS- this is Hobbes enjoying sucking spaghetti noodles, and the pansies in one of our window boxes-I love flowers!

5 comments:

~HeLeN~ said...

I'm so thankful nothing serious happened to little hobbes! God is good. If you lived here...I could have done his CT scan...shame on you for moving! :)

I love the face hobbes is giving....yummie

♥helen

The Lungu Family said...

That is SO scary, Kajsa! I am glad he is okay and everything is good for you guys!

return home gnome said...

Great pictures!!! :)

~HeLeN~ said...

how bout a new post with all those pictures you keep talkin about??!!!

jon said...

We saw Carolyn in yesterday's paper here in Monroe:

http://tinyurl.com/nm3ue

I read the caption and thought, "I knew she looked familiar!"