Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick or Treat!

I love holidays...I often feel like I get more excited for them than my kids, and someday, they may be a bit embarrassed by my enthusiasm for them! Till then, however, I shall allow the giddy anticipation, and use it to create fun, if not crazy, memories for my kiddos.
This is officially our first Halloween without family (parents, cousins, etc.), and as I realized this this morning, I also discovered I had no clue what to do to celebrate.
So when I got up this morning, I made a batch of pumpkin waffles, which were quite tasty, and then we had a relaxed day at home, just playing and enjoying Daddy having the day off! After the kiddos naps, we ALL got dressed up, and decided to brave the mall in Bellevue for trick or treating. Since it was pouring rain outside, it seemed everybody and their brothers, cousins, grandmas, friend of friends, had the same idea. It was PACKED. The kids enjoyed seeing all the other costumed kids, and since Hobbes was a fireman, he pointed out every other fireman we saw. After getting a few candies, playing at the kids area, we decided to pick up Chinese food, and head home. Altogether a fun, crazy, day! We miss you all!

Yes. We are this crazy.
Bray's pose...
My turn.
The Froman, The Fireman, and The Flower.
Hobbes was fascinated by the wigs...he kept asking us to put them on all day.
My firefighter and my beautiful flower.My little hero.
For the first time in their lives-they BOTH wanted to smile and say cheese-at the same time! (gasp!)
Cute, cheesy, and I love it.
Just sitting-sugar's wearing off by this point.
CHEESE!
Sliding down!
Froman helping Miss Flower down the slide.
Enjoying the rewards of the evening.
Happy and eating candy.

1 comment:

Kathryn Church said...

Love the pics of Madeline's cheesy smile! Everyone looks great!!! Hobbes looks like Seth. Miss yah.