Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

We had a really nice Mother's Day today! I decided to make a fun, fancy dessert to celebrate, and ended up making a really delicious lunch! We had Jill Fagan over to party with us, and ended the day with a walk by the lake, just as it was starting to rain! (We've lived in Seattle long enough that a gentle rain does not deter us from going outside!!)
Madeline had a rough day and wasn't feeling very well, so we only got a picture with the buddy...but it's hard to get a busy boy to stop and take a picture, so I was thrilled we even got one! I love being a mom to these 2 crazy, wonderful monkeys!

Trying to get a pic with my wonderful, handsome husband!!

The lunch menu: (it turned out to have a basil-theme, probably since I had some fresh basil on-hand!)
tomatoes & mozzarella with basil & balsamic, Parmesan-crusted chicken with creamy basil sauce, ciabatta bread, asparagus with garlic and parmesan cheese, lemon-basil orzo combined with a Gewurstraminer wine.
Bray believes he is the 'asparagus master' now, so we had to get a picture of him, in my apron with the table.:)Dessert: lamingtons! An Australian version of petit-fours. It's a sponge cake, layered with strawberry jam, then dipped in a chocolate ganache and rolled in shredded coconut! AMAZING! I had to put the rest of them in the freezer so I won't eat them all!:)

No comments: