Saturday, May 09, 2009

Mothers.

I know that tomorrow is the actual Mother's Day, but since it will be a fun, food-filled day, I thought I would put up a post now. Since I wouldn't be here without my Mom, I thought I would start off with her-see that gorgeous lady up above? Yes, my Mom is the sweetest, most-proper, generous and lovely lady I know! I am constantly reminded of the wisdom and habits she tried to instill in me-especially now that I am a mother, and am always picking up after kiddos, cleaning, making dinners,etc.. My mother has always, and will always amaze me with how much she is able to get done, how she can plan a menu (still!) around the sales at the grocery stores, and how her bread is always the best-no matter how many times I try, it just doesn't taste the same! So thank you, Mom-I love you!
My Mom and I at Kathryn's wedding.
On her 1st Mother's day with a granddaughter!

And now, for Bray's Mom:
I first met Wendy at a 'Fagan Monday night dinner,' those of you who went, you know what I'm talking about! when she was up to see Bray's junior recital. We were not together at the time (it was about a month before we began dating!) but I already was greatly interested in her son, and thus was keen on getting to know his mom! She was so easy to talk to, ready with a laugh, and one of the most thoughtful people I had ever met! She is always an example of hospitality and giving, and I am so thankful she raised so many wonderful boys (and girl!). What a blessing to have such a wonderful mother-in-law...I love Bray's stories about his childhood, and just wish my kiddos could be around her more often! love you, Gege/ Momma/ Wendy!

On the Monorail in Seattle.

Meeting Madeline for the first time!!

And now for the Grandmas:
There is a host of things I could write about all of the grandmas in both our families, but I want to make sure you all still have time to celebrate Mother's Day, so I will leave it at this:
None of us would be here without the 4 faithful, beautiful women that raised our moms, so thank you for beginning and passing down all the traditions, love, and faithfulness to us! We love and miss you all!My Grandma Garfield and my Dad at Seth and Naphtali's wedding.
Grandmommy, Aunt Bette and Memom at Matt and Megan's wedding.

2 comments:

Kathryn Church said...

Great post Kajs - and Happy Mother's Day to you too!! :)

Katie said...

Wow! Love this post! You are always so inspiring. :)