Saturday, July 04, 2009

It's a small world.

I believe I mentioned in a previous post, that Bray had made some new (Christian!) friends in the musical. One of them, the other lead, Aaron, is married and has a little girl that is nearly 3. They helped us out when my purse was stolen, and they invited us out for a bbq and a jaunt to Alki Beach (in West Seattle) last weekend. The 3 kiddos do pretty well together, and we had a lovely day. The tide was wayy out, and the kids could wade out pretty far, and watch all the ferries and cruise ships go by.
To make this new friendship even more interesting and fun, the day after our bbq, I got a text message from Abby, Aaron's wife, saying that I should tell my mom that her mom was Grace Larsen. I knew who Grace Larsen was-she was one of my mom's best childhood friends, and they had grown up together in Moscow! So, now I am friends with one of my mom's friends' daughters-and the picture above is of our daughters, Madeline and Mackenzie, playing together at the beach! What a small world, eh? We shall have to get all 6 of us together and get a 3 generation picture!
Just filling buckets with rocks.:)
Alki Beach, with the tide out. Aaron, Bray and the kids are down by the water.
Watching ships and enjoying the weather!

No comments: