Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pumpkins!

As you can probably guess from the title, we carved pumpkins last night! The kiddos actually participated (for about 20 minutes) and they even helped scoop out the pumpkin goop! Hobbes was a little better at it than Madeline, but I think that's just personality talking. (I was always the first one to bow out of frosting Christmas cookies, fully-milling applesauce, and the fun but more tedious holiday traditions. So, I guess she comes by it honestly? Anyhow, now I'm usually the one left at the table, finishing all the cookies! Thanks Mom!)
Bray designed the pumpkin faces, and made them incorporate the 'essence' of the kids. They turned out pretty cute, I think, and the kids had fun!This is her new "cheeeese!" face. They had chips while they were helping-thus the orange mouth.
Telling his pumpkin to say cheese.
Doing a great Vanna White impression.
Trying to get a cute pic, and instead getting, "No, cheese, Mommy, no more cheese!" I guess she was ready for bed!
Grumpy-face.
The 2 pumpkins! Madeline's is on the left, Hobbes' on the right.
Madeline's pumpkin.
Will post a pic of the parent pumpkin later!

No comments: