Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Craziness:)

Hello, everyone!
Once again I have been negligent in updating the blog ...things seem to always get busier! The past few weeks have been very full- whether it be of seeing friends, eating good food, filling out paperwork or doctor schtuff, the schedule just doesn't stop.
I finally am feeling close to ready to have this baby- not that I haven't wanted to be done with the pregnancy for awhile, but more that I have finally finished some things I felt I needed to get done before the baby arrived. To name a few:
-all paperwork for grad school -related stuff
-taxes (always fun!!!)
-apartment apps
-bios, pics, plane tickets taken care of for Bray's opera stints
-washed car seat, organized what baby clothes I have for Madeline
-haircut/highlights ( 0f course the most important on the list:)
Bray has been working like a madman...he takes any extra hours he can get at the coffee shop,and then when he's not working, he goes and does voice stuff! Although it's tiring, I know it'll pay off, and it's encouraging to see him so motivated and working so hard!
Another piece of good news regarding the voice, is we just found out that Bray was awarded a fellowship award for Santa Barbara. In other words, he will receive travel reimbursement and payment at the end of the summer- very few students are given this for this program, and their reasoning behind the choice of recipients are that they have 'outstanding professional potential' in the opera field. We thank God for all these blessings in the past few months regarding Bray's career- it has truly been encouraging, humbling and exciting!
As far as baby goes, everything seems to be ready, so now it's a matter of timing! We are signing an apartment lease on Friday, so we should be able to move this weekend if we choose to! It has been good that we have been at my parents' house till now, though...my dad had foot surgery on Thursday, and then had a reaction to the medication on Friday! Thankfully,my mom and sister and I were at home when it happened, so we called the ambulance, and he had to be hospitalized for 24 hours. No serious results were found, so he got off that medication, and is slowly but surely on the road to recovery. Please pray that he can go back to work soon...and that the discomfort will subside!
I think that sums it up for now...I finally am focusing on the arrival of this baby, so we shall be sure to fill you in as the day approaches! Love to you all!
Here are a few pics:
Here is Hobbes swinging like a big boy...he only fell twice, and didn't cry...at the park near my house where I grew up!
Trying to take a cute Sunday pic for G.g. and Bop (Bray's parents)...but food was more interesting.:(
Here is a self-portrait of Charity and I at the circus the weekend before I left...miss you Schmenke!
The 2 little boys, crowding G.G....they both had to sit on her lap at the circus!:)
Once again, trying to get a Sunday pic of the cousins...this is the best we could do! It's still pretty cute, though.
Almost got it!
Taking off from Monroe...goodbye to the fam!

No comments: