Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Sharing...

Since Madeline has started playing with/holding toys, we have been telling Hobbes to share, and to not take them from her. So far, he usually grabs her toy anyway, and immediately puts it back on her lap, looks up at us and says "Share," with a knowing nod of the head- as if he has it all figured out. Obviously, this isn't quite the way we want him to share, so usually we have to work on him a little, that is, until today.
This morning, I was holding Madeline on my lap, waiting for Bray to get back from school so I could take him to work. Hobbes was, like normal, driving 2 cars on the windowsill. All of a sudden he comes over to us, takes his black truck, and puts it in Madeline's hand, saying,"Share...see my car, 'aline? Drive it? see my car?" She grabbed it, and held it while he drove his other car near her, as if they were both 'driving' their cars. I expected him to grab it back at any minute, but he just went over to the coffee table and continued driving a single car (something that nevvver happens), happy to have shared his passion for the day. It was a shining moment for Bray and me.:)

S

No comments: