Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Quick update...mostly on my amazing husband!

Hi, everyone!
I'm sorry I haven't posted- I only had time to do the Louisiana montage, just to try to catch everyone up on pics! But I wanted to update you all on what we've been doing since we got back.
Bray began his teaching assistantship this semester, so he has had a full schedule of classes, teaching a voice class and studio, and about 8 or 9 students. He's also learning music for an opera this summer, competitions and recitals. We have 2 back-to-back competitions this month, one that was this past weekend in Coeur d'Alene, and one in Seattle this coming weekend. Happy results so far: Bray won 1st in the professional vocal division, and will be singing in concert with the Coeur d'Alene symphony mid-March! Not only that, but 1 of the judges is the director for the Coeur d'Alene opera company, and might want Bray to do a few operas next year, during school, which would be great for resume,etc.
This weekend is the regional finals in Seattle for the Metropolitan Opera competition...we would love for him to place, as 1st and 2nd then go on to New York for a week in Feb. which equals good connections, experience, possible $, etc.:), however we are just praying he does his best, and for safe travel-it has been icy, snowy and collld up here! (a stark contrast from light-jacket weather in Monroe:() There are some more vocal things up our sleeves, but I will post about those as they come about.
The kiddos are finally getting back to a routine-although they get to spend their 2nd weekend in a row with my parents for the comp. (hooray for family!)this weekend. Madeline is growing up so fast; just within the past week, she has started pulling herself up to stand and she has 4 teeth on top that have just broken through! (this made for quite a cranky week last week, but when we saw they were coming in all at once, we understood and felt quite sorry for her) To top it all off, she learned how to wave yesterday, and when she does it, she looks like she's riding a float-elbow,elbow,wrist,wrist! I shall try to catch it on video.
Hobbes is missing the warmer weather, as he got to play outside a TON at Gege and Bop's, and he's asked several times for Archer and swords, and although it makes me a little sad, I am glad he's remembering everyone, even when they're far away. He's decided to work on his acting skills even more, and thus will choose times to imitate everythinggg we do or say-including Madeline. Last night, I was whistling, and so he decided to do so as well-only he just pooches out his lips and goes hoooommm, then throws his head back and laughs like Randy on A Christmas Story. (In case you haven't seen that movie, watch it and you will discover Hobbes is a blonder Randy).
As for me, I got to play organ for a wedding last week, which was really nice, as I haven't played it in awhile. I am just trying to keep up with everyone's schedule, while searching for new and entertaining things to do with the kiddos! I have to go now, as Hobbes has climbed up on my shoulders and is wanting me to chase him-I hope you are all well, and we shall let you know how the competitions go!

No comments: