Thursday, August 28, 2008

Italian Weekend!

Hello again!
Hope yall are well! (I'm down South right now, so I have to use the yall). Things are continuing in our crazy pattern, but we are at the end of the summer whirlwind, and are beginning to look towards the 'regularity' of a fall schedule. On Saturday, Bray flew in from California, and the kiddos and I picked him up in Spokane. Because Bray was scheduled to have a rehearsal for a performance at a fundraiser the next evening, we decided to spend the night so as to save driving time to Moscow. On Sunday, my parents, Mike and Kathryn, and Seth and Naphtali all came up after church to have dinner with us at the Olive Garden, and then Seth and Naphtali stayed to babysit for us that evening, so I could go to the dinner party/fundraiser event with Bray.
We all had a grand, if not short, time, and the kiddos love them some I-talian food! (as can be seen by the pics) The party was AMAZING and I had a blast! It was at a VERY wealthy couples' home, and the theme was 'An Evening in Tuscany.' We had 8 courses, complete with Italian sorbet, mascarpone, pasta, carne, and wonderful music! An operatic couple that we met back in May was there to perform, too, and we really enjoy them! There was also a Polish violin player who was amazing-he played the entire Carmen Fantasy, after only working on it for 3 days!
They also had a neat idea that I had never seen before-they had 2 painters there, who, during the cocktail hour by the pool, painted an entire canvas from scratch, finished and framed it, and at the end of the evening they auctioned them off! Both paintings were beautiful, and if Bray and I had had $5000 or more on hand, we would have bought this one of a cello player!
Anyhow, the evening was a great success, and it was a mini-vacation for me! Thanks, Seth and Nambi!
We flew down to Monroe on Monday morning, and are now enjoying all the family, food and maybe not quite as much, humidity that the South provides! We will update yall with more pics from down here, but for now, that's all I have time for! Miss and love yall! (alright alright, I'm done with the yall for now...just have to get it in while I can)
Spaghetti face!


Mike, Kathryn and her crazy eyes.:)
Hobbes, digging in the ?Italian? way...
Mom, Pop, and PLENTY of wine!



My little food-monger.
Being so sweet to share with Daddy-and his shirt.

Cute Seth and Nambi!


My handsome opera singer, and me.
Below: The view from the patio below the house, looking out over the pool house, kitchen, pool,etc. at the house where the fundraiser was. It was gorgeous!

Opera singers, warming up and preparing the order of repertoire for the evening...I did balance checks for them.:)

The steps leading down to the pool, pool house,etc...

My side view of Bray and Carlos singing the Pearl Fisher's duet...and one of the paintings!

No comments: