Saturday, August 16, 2008

Tidbits...

Hi everyone!
As you can guess, things have been the usual whirlwind...only a bit more so! Last week, my cousin Attie came to visit, and was able to go to Bray's opera with me. It was so fun to see Bray perform, and he did an AMAZING job! (he even met Carol Burnett, and got his name in the L.A. Times! I have to brag just a little). On Saturday morning, we packed up the car, and Attie and I headed off to Portland with the kiddos. It was sad to leave Bray, but we get to see him in a week! After 3 very long days of driving, and a pitstop at my Aunt's in Portland, we made it to Moscow!
Since we head to Monroe in a week for Matt's wedding, I decided to go look for apartments in Seattle this past week. Naphtali, my sister-in-law, was kind enough to go with me, and so we drove over on Tuesday, saw the entirety of Seattle in a day, drove past Safeco field several times, saw my brother-in-law Jordan's place, stayed with the wonderful Owens, andddd found an apartment! It is in Renton, which is just South of Seattle, and even with bad traffic, is only about a 17 minute drive! (not bad for the city!) Not to mention it is right near Boeing, across the street from Lake Washington and Gene Coulon Beach Park, and has a Target right down the road! Oh yes, and IKEA!!! I'm pretty excited about it.
This week Bray auditions for the composer who writes for Disney musicals, Alan Menken. He was commissioned to write his 1st opera, and the Music Academy students got first 'pick' to audition! It should be interesting. Anyway, that should be all for now, but I will try to keep you posted!
Sorry there's not more pics-my camera broke right before the opera!:(



an artsy shot of Bray's dressing room...
Luigi Corelli-aka Bray Wilkins with an awesome 70's outfit and very teased hair.

Hanging in Daddy's dressing room...

Last family pic on the beach before heading home!

No comments: