Monday, April 20, 2009

3-D Date

Although I enjoy posting all the pics and stories about our adorable, crazy children, once in awhile, I like to throw in a little 'parent-fun time,' too. On Saturday, we picked up my sister, Carolyn (on her way back from spring break in England!) and had her stay the night at our place before heading back Sunday. Carolyn was kind enough to let us go out after the kiddos were in bed, for our 1st 'real' date in well, years! We decided to go downtown, get a drink and then see a movie. The movie we really wanted to see (State of Play) was showing really late, so Bray thought we should go see Monsters vs. Aliens in 3-D. I agreed, as I had never seen a 3-D movie before, and hey, kid-movies are what I usually watch, so why veer off the beaten path? :)
We found a fun little bar/cafe right near the theatre where we grabbed a drink before the movie. The 3-D glasses they gave us for the movie were not the cheapo little paper kind, but actual plastic glasses! We decided to have some fun (we had a little time to kill before the movie began) and this is what resulted:

right before the movie started, in the theater-I am sure everyone else was not thrilled about the flash from the camera!
My delicious Seattle Starbucks martini!
contents: Starbucks coffee liqueur, Godiva White Chocolate, and Absolut Vanilla.
The James Bond, 3-D glasses.
3-D changes the colors! well, not really, but it's still fun!
Bray's turn to have a 'creative' pose...
My 3-D James Bond.:)

No comments: