Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Kid Sayings

For some reason, things always sound funnier when said by a little person. Here are some recent ones from our munchkins-they say so many, it's hard to remember them all!

Hobbes: (after I got out a stool for him to help me make bread) "Thank you, Mom! Thank you so very MUCH!"
"Mom, I'm a brother!"
(after a disciplinary session, and after praying) "Mom, Jesus' name is Amen!"
Me: "Well, Hobbes, actually we pray 'in Jesus' name, and then Amen."
Hobbes: "But Jesus' name is Amen!" Hmm...not sure how to get around that one.

Madeline: "Hobbes, I'm going to go talk to Mom. You stay here."
(when going down for her nap today) "Weelll, alright then." Followed by loud, pretend, over-exaggerated snores. This one is especially funny to me, as both my father-in-law and husband say that ALL the time. :) And somehow, she has certain words that are said with a southern accent-'well' being one of them.
"Good Morning, buddy!" to Hobbes.
(while carrying her big bucket of princesses) "Scuse me! Coming through!!"

I am sure there are many more, but that's all I can accurately recount right now! Enjoy!

No comments: