Friday, November 19, 2010

more decor

Several months ago, before we even found our apartment, Wendy and I were driving along and saw a rather shabby, but still workable dining room-style chair by the side of the road. Around here, you put something out on your curb, and it is usually picked up by someone within a few hours. (that's what I call recycling!) I thought I could paint/recover it as an extra chair in the living room, and I finally got around to it this week (just in time for my parents to come visit!). I of course forgot to take a before picture, but suffice it to say that it was scratched reddish-brown, had a gold/red/brown cushion and the legs were off-kilter! Bray did a fabulous job evening out the legs and sanding it down and then I painted it and recovered the cushion with this IKEA fabric! Isn't it cute? I'm very happy with our 'free' chair!!

1 comment:

Ashley Antkowiak said...

I love it! Way to go :)