Sunday, December 04, 2005

Bring on the Christmas spirits!:):):)


Merry Christmas to all....let the fun begin! Here is an 'artistic' picture of Bray's and my 2nd Christmas tree- and Hobbes' 1st!!! As viewed here, it is the second time we decorated it. Yes, I had the wonderful experience of the Christmas tree falling over after I had just added the last ornament- ahh- the joys of Christmas. No, after I had cleaned everything up and propped it against the window(Bray was at work) it was quite amusing.

Things have become a whirlwind- mostly an enjoyable one, but crazy nonetheless. This week I helped with the young homeschool kids music group, teaching them Christmas carols as they are planning a caroling outing. Bray's choir had a performance at the local Christmas tree lighting, and let me tell you, it was definitely a cultural experience! We had a small gospel style harmonizing vocal group perform as well, and the accents of the speakers were poured on pretty thick. I had to laugh inwardly at the fact that I was the only one there who was not grooving and mm-hmming everything said. No, I'm joking-I really did get into it, but it was humorous. After that, I was in charge with another lady of throwing a double baby shower for 2 wives of teachers at school. Although fun, it was quite a lot of work to make and decorate over 60 cookies by myself!
Yesterday, we came to Monroe to do the annual Wilkins' family Christmas tree decorating ceremony. They make tons of food, drink some 'special' drinks, and then everyone puts ornaments wherever they find a spot. Caleb even began putting 2 on the same branches...until the women stopped him. Altogether it was a fun evening....as you can see from the pic of Bethany and Remy after we brought the eggnog &rum out....ok, us too I guess.:)

Hobbes is doing well...he has helped me bake some things, mostly by making sure they aren't poisoned by being a gentleman and sucking on them first.... he tasted some of the Christmas alcoholic beverages, and has entertained us all immensely. I shall update more as the holiday festivities continue...but drive safe, and enjoy the season of Christ's birth!

3 comments:

~HeLeN~ said...

♥nO kiSSiNg♥

Nick and Marissalas said...

Sounds like fun! ;) You'd better watch out, or rum + eggnog will = more mini-Brays!!!! hehehe j/k

Love you guys. We are ordering fine grain film to take some sweet family photos . . . awesome!

~HeLeN~ said...

I wanna see some pics of the boy's teeth and while sitting up all by himself! You sure have a winner baby there...you get all the bragging rights you want! unless he falls off the couch again, then you lose a few of em! jkjk I ♥ YOU, and can't wait to see ya!