Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Big and Busy Boy!

Hello, all! What a wonderful, busy week we have had! As I had mentioned,we had a week break, during which we painted our kitchen, cleaned the house, and sent Bray off to NY. There were 15 singers chosen for this 2nd round of finals, and they were all of very high caliber. Bray was given an outstanding performance of a song, for his opera aria, and was given very positive and encouraging comments! We are now mulling over some ideas that were presented as to the net step on the career front.
Meanwhile, Hobbes and I went to Monroe to hang with the fam, and had a wonderful weekend relaxing, shopping and going to a Ben Folds concert. Ok, Hobbes didn't actually go to the concert, but I did! We only have a short time before the end of the semester, and we are looking forward to coming to Moscow for my brother's wedding in June!!! I can't wait! Until that time, I am playing for a local musical, Nunsense, which keeps me very busy music wise, and Bray is finishing up classes , etc.
Hobbes on the other hand, as you can see from the photos, is working on being a big boy!
He can now crawl officially (as opposed to just backwards), has 6 teeth, helps Dad take out the trash, practices his piano daily, and works hard at playing and getting into everything!!! (Below is a mini poem I wrote for his excursions).
We love you all!



There once was a boy named Hobbes.
His mother gave him lots of jobs.
He took out the trash,
to avoid a lash,
then played the day away.

4 comments:

~HeLeN~ said...

I ♥ the pic of you and hobbes smiling!!!! and yeaaaa for yellow kitchens!!!!

The Lungu Family said...

I can't believe Hobbes has 6 teeth! That is totally crazy! Nick doesn't have any yet!

Katie said...

Please change the last line of the poem to: "And grew up to be in the mob." It ryhmes better.

Nick and Marissalas said...

You'd better start training Hobbes to make sure he'll get perfect pitch. ;) ;)