Saturday, May 08, 2010

On the road.

It seemed that every time I got off to get gas, I was in the boonies, and had to drive an extra mile to find the next little podunk town. This town was closed, but is apparently a 'Western tourist attraction!' and has authentic costumes and everything.


The county courthouse in Carthage, MO. It was in a square with 1 restaurant and about 36 antique shops.
Talking to Hobbes on the phone (Hobbes rode in the truck with Bray). They talked for about 15 mins., and here are a few snippets of conversation:
M: Hobbes, you're TOO loud!
Hobbes, the sky is dirty. We need to clean it.
Why you playing with toys in the truck, Hobbes? You need to go faster!
H: We're going to Gege & Bop's. Where's my baby Asa? It's not your baby Asa, you have baby Mara.
Yeah, the sky is gray.
Look, Madeline, look at the COWS!!! Daddy needs to drive faster-I'm going to win!
One of the highest slides I've ever seen-and it was outside a Sonic!
This picture is dedicated to my sister-in-law, Naphtali Garfield, who grew up about 45 minutes from this lovely town.

1 comment:

Kathryn Church said...

aww Asa misses the cousins!